Let me tell you a little story why I decided to write a review of best pots for boiling water.
Picture this, you’re a young kid, it’s Saturday morning and you have a whole day of fun ahead. You can run through the backyard, play on the deck and ride your bike so fast, like you’re on a quest to find a hidden treasure. And there you have it, right in front of you: your mom’s homemade egg salad sandwich. Oh, the joys of being a kid.
Let’s fast-forward some time now, you just move out to the city, to a new kind of life. So you grab an old pot and start boiling some eggs to make those delicious sandwiches with mom’s recipe.
All done! and they look pretty ok, you guess. First bite, not bad, a few pieces of shell on the way (maybe hunger was clouding your vision). Go for seconds…hmmm…this tastes…metallic? The third bite, now the flavor is distinguishable, it really does taste like you’re licking a spoon. What happened?
It was obvious that little jar where you boiled the two eggs was wearing off and leaving some kind of residue on the food, and that certainly did not feel like home, at all. That was the experience of one of my dearest friends, who started living alone right after college.
Types of Pots: Material and Capacity
There is a wide variety of materials and capabilities to cookware, but each has its own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to finding the best pots for boiling water. Let’s take a look at what we can find out there
Material for the best pots for boiling water
One of the favorite choices of material by those who know a lot about cooking is stainless steel, and there’s a reason for that: steel distributes heat, it is durable and hygienic. Also, is super resistant to water, therefore rust will not be a concern.
However, some “old-fashioned” chefs and cooks, in general, prefer having a big, thick cast iron pan or pot. These good-old cooking wares are virtually indestructible, and it will last many lives (with the right maintenance they require).
Aluminum and copper can also be great allies in our kitchens, they both look nice, maintain heat, cook evenly, boil water fast but have the same detriment, they react with some foods (acids or alkalis) and could pass the metallic flavor to our meals.
What about glass? Well, glass is mostly used in lids or trays nowadays, not so much in cooking pans or pots, but they do exist (can you imagine a saucepan made entirely out of glass?). Although they don’t distribute heat evenly and they aren’t quite non-sticky as other types of materials, your food will surely look awesome when preparing it!
Finally, you can also find a variety of ceramic cookware sets. One of the greatest advantages is that they are free of chemicals and they have many sizes and designs to choose for. But treat them with care, because the coating can wear off and always hand wash a ceramic pot, never put it in the dishwasher.
There are also several sizes to choose from and the range can be extraordinary, from huge 13 gallons casserole pots (and even more) to miniature ceramic pots (that look like they were made for dolls but are in fact fully functional) for frying or cooking things. In general, the best approach when thinking about buying new cooking wares or utensils is to think about the kind of daily use we are going to give them and how much are we going to rely on that particular product, to avoid unnecessary purchases. Having a medium-size pot for soups, pasta, and stews and a small saucepan for boiling water rapidly or frying things will cover most of the everyday necessities. And never forget to always clean every cookware well after using it, so they will last many, many years of tasty and delicious preparations.
Fortunately, I have come a long way from kettle pots and there are some extraordinary cooking pots and pans today that will help you with not just boiling water for eggs, but with almost every other cooking task. Let’s look at 5 of them now and find out the best pots for boiling water!
5 Best Pots For Boiling Water
1. Farberware Classic Series
- SAUCEPAN WITH STRAINING LID AND POUR SPOUT: 1-Quart Straining Saucepan with Lid with Pour Spouts eliminates the need for a colander
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL PAN: A full cap base on the straining saucepan featuring a thick aluminum core surrounded by stainless steel provides rapid, even heating
- VERSATILE HEAT LOCKING LID: Self-basting lid can be rotated to strain liquids or positioned to seal in heat and flavor
- OVEN SAFE: Saucepan with straining lid is oven safe to 350 degrees F for stove to oven recipes
- EASY CLEANING SAUCEPAN: Straining saucepan is dishwasher safe for fast cleanup
Here I have first the Farberware brand pot/saucepan belonging to the Classic Series line that is made of stainless steel, has a capacity of 0.95 liters and its dimensions are 11.25 inches large, 5.75 inches width and 6 inches height, and 1,2 pounds weight. The available color is Silver and it is oven safe.
This pot is lightweight and it’s durable, plus the aluminum and stainless steel finish provides fast, even heat, absolutely great for rapid boils. Although you must be especially careful with the lid as it must be rotated to filter liquids or seal it to maintain flavor and heat. Also, this pot is oven-safe and supports temperatures of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 176 Celsius). This is certainly cookware that not only will look great in your kitchen but also be of great use when making dinner for two. If you have a bigger family or always cook for a lot of friends, then maybe you should consider other options.
- Stainless steel and aluminum-look incredible! (aluminum is without a doubt the best cookware material)
- Portable and reliable with a lifetime guarantee.
- Decent size but it might fall short for some people, cooking for many will take you a longer time.
- Need to be paying attention to the lid in case liquid starts to spill.
- The handle could be a little more ergonomic.
2. Miroco Electric Kettle
- Precise Temperature Control Electric Kettle: Choose from 6 preset temperatures to get the best, most flavorful teas, coffees or simply boil cooking water (160°F for Delicate Tea, 175°F for Green Tea, 185°F for White Tea, 190°F for Oolong Tea, 200°F For French Press Coffee. And "Boil" 212°F for Black Tea, Instant Cocoa, Oatmeal, Noodles, and More)
- Keeps Water Warm for 30 Minutes: The Strix temperature control of water kettle ensures an accurate operation, while the ‘Keep Warm’ maintains the desired temperature for 30 minutes
- Built from Food Safe Materials Tea Kettle: Made of stainless steel and BPA-free, the kettle boils water free of contaminants; suitable to prepare infant meals. 6 Adjustable Temperature Selections
- 1500W for Quicker Boiling: Heat 1. 7 L in less than 8 minutes and safe valuable time; boil-dry protection shuts off kettle electric when there is no water inside
- Easy and Secure Handling: Safely control the Electric kettle with the neatly arranged touch panel integrated into the thermally insulated handle [Note: the Rated voltage is 120 V]
Miroco electric kettle, made of stainless steel, has a fast 1500 Watt heater, it is wireless, has automatic shutdown and is free of chemicals such as BPA. It comes in white with a clean and minimalistic design.
Its double-walled structure made of polypropylene and stainless steel makes it safe and strong, with the perfect handle for those monday mornings, when I wake up dizzy and in need of a hot cup of coffee to start the week.
Although, you must be careful when cleaning it, it should always be removed from its base because the heat can be activated by mistake. Inside, it is made of 100% stainless steel and has a 1.5 liter capacity. Now, if you need the water not to boil, it must be turned off manually because the temperature cannot be regulated, it always boils if you wait for the automatic shutdown, but thanks to its British Strix thermostat technology it should never reach a dry boil.
- The product design is simple and clean, it will complement any kitchen.
- Stainless steel is the way to go, no residue, no smell. A water kettle that will last forever.
- No manual temperature regulator
- One and a half liter is plenty of capacity, maybe more than the common person needs. A smaller, more portable kettle could be better.
3. Avacraft Saucepan
- 18/10 FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL SAUCEPAN: 1.5 QT saucepan with strainer glass lid. Special matte finish inside to prevent scratches over time and mirror finish outside for shiny and stylish look. Easy to read measurement marks inside. 🥳
- All-IN-ONE FUNCTION: Shatterproof glass cover with straining holes on both sides to strain pasta, noodles, vegetables & more. No collanders needed. Pour spouts on both sides of the rim for right and left handed. Silicone lid handle for safety! Best cooking pots with lids.
- EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION: Specially constructed tri-ply stainless steel base with pure Aluminum encapsulation that avoids heat spots and distributes heat evenly, saving energy! Long & large ergonomic handle gives firm grip. Designed for air flow to keep handle cool even when the stainless steel pot is hot.
- BEST QUALITY, EASY TO CLEAN AND DURABLE: Made only with high quality 18/10 food grade stainless steel, which is highly durable, resistant to rust, stain, corrosion or crack, and to top it, designed to look elegant in kitchen. Dishwasher, Refrigerator safe.
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: AVACRAFT is the most trusted emerging woman owned small business! At AVACRAFT, we’ve always got your back! Buy the best, lifetime warranty.
Stainless steel saucepan with a glass lid (I love glass lids!), strainer, ergonomic handle and good 3.5 quart capacity (roughly 3.5 liters). Right from the get go, what I really like from this cooking pot are the markings on the interior so I don’t have to guess how much liquid is in there.
Now, looking at the handle, the first thing that popped in my head was “oh, that could burn your hand”, because unlike the lid, it doesn’t have a silicone cover. But, this pot (or saucepan) has something called “airflow technology”, which prevents the handle from getting too hot. Another good feature are the holes in the lid that can be used as a strainer, but always check before, because right and left side holes are different (and that is awesome cause I love every kind of pasta!).
- The mirror finish is shiny and elegant.
- Glass lid, I know I’ve said it, but yeah, glass lid, watching all the ingredients merge together when cooking is important.
- Strainer incorporated.
- Aluminum encapsulated bottom (not only distributes heat evenly but also works with gas, electric and ceramic kitchens)
- The Avacraft is great cookware for anyone, however, like the Farberware pot, with just 3.5 liters it could fall on the medium to small size spectrum.
- The easy-pour spout could be a little bit bigger, for better liquid flow.
4. Cosori Electric Kettle
- Designed in California. Made with the finest quality borosilicate glass which resists scratching and scuffing, healthier than others because all the water contact surfaces are constructed of food-grade material
- Safe Tech & Auto Shut Off: Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside, and its heating element is concealed
- Great Addition to Your Kitchen: knows that your kettle is in the process of boiling when the Blue LED Indicator is on, simple design looks lovely on your counter, light ring concealed inside the glass is safe and durable; Completely cordless when off the base, The kettle rotates 360o for precise measuring of water for convenient pouring and serving
- Quick Boil: water heats up quickly in 3-7mins, a great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle. Perfect match for Coffee, tea, oatmeal, pasta and much more
- Wide Mouth & Easy to Clean: a wide mouth means both easy cleaning and filling, it allows for easy access to clean those deposits or "rust" away with vinegar or lemon juice
Let’s take a look at another kettle now. I think this one deserves a spot on the list purely for its design: an all-glass, 1.7 liter capacity kettle. And even though it is made out of glass, it doesn’t feel fragile at all.
It is high quality and resistant glass, which also makes it healthier because there will be no plastic in direct contact with water. Also has turns off automatically when it boils and when it detects that there is no water inside. In addition, has a led light indicator that lights up when the water is boiling.
- Great look and sturdy glass. The combination of the glass and led lights make for a traditional feel mixed with a modern touch.
- It has a wide mouth, which makes pouring a lot easier and fast.
- The lids open all the way for an easier cleaning process.
- Lifetime support from the Cosori team
- You must be careful when cleaning it as its lid contains stainless steel on the inside that can stay hot for a while.
- Keep in mind, if you want to purchase this product outside the US or Canada, that the voltage is specifically designed to work under those countries’ regulations.
5. Carote Saucepan
- Eco-friendly Granite Coating – Natural Stone material from Switzerland,PFOA FREE
- Non-stick & Easy to Clean – The nonstick interior is made of cast aluminum,which is more durable and sturdy.Super easy to cleanup.
- Wood Effect Handle – The Bakelite handle are comfortable to grip and stay cool while cooking.
- Suitable for All Stove – Including induction,heat evenly and quickly.
- Service & Guarantee – Full 12-month warranty,Any quality problem,Please to contact us at any time.
The Carote saucepan is an oven-safe grainstone pan that combines a glass lid with handles that resemble wood, giving an overall premium feel. The granite is imported from Switzerland, it is non-sticky and Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) free, so no Teflon here whatsoever. It is a small pan, but beautiful and functional. Also it is part of a larger set of cooking appliances that can be bought separately or all together if you want to match the style. It is also oven safe, 0,93 pounds weight and 0,95 liters capacity.
The prettiest of this list (at least for me), it reminds me of the cooking pots my grandma used to have, although in a much smaller size.
- This pot will fit in almost every counter, and will also look good above the stove!
- Speaking of stoves, it works with every kind, whether it is gas, ceramic, electric or induction.
- Full 12 month warranty for any quality problems.
- It is oven safe, but only up to 350° Fahrenheit (176° Celsius).
- Not suitable for larger quantities.
After a meticulous research I can safely say that all of the products on this list are a great choice of best pots for boiling water. But, there is one thing you do need to consider before any purchase: who are you going to cook for. Is it just you? Then by all means, grab the Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Sauce Pan with Glass Lid,Soup Pot Nonstick Saucepan Granite Coating from Switzerland pan, you will be getting distinguishable cookware, functional and fantastic for all purposes. If you usually prepare large meals for acquaintances and family, go for Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 1-Quart Covered Straining Saucepan, Silver
But I do need to set a definitive verdict, I did say I would find out the best one. So, considering all of the factors already mentioned, style, capacity, design, and structure, and also if you live alone or have a family, the best pot for boiling water is: AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid, Strainer Lid, Two Side Spouts for Easy Pour with Ergonomic Handle, Multipurpose Sauce Pan with Lid, Sauce Pot (Tri-Ply Capsule Bottom, 1.5 Quart) With a beautiful design and great capacity, this saucepan meets all the requirements for being a must-have product in our kitchens. The stainless steel gives it an ever-elegant look and it will fit a medium size meal enough for several people. So start boiling water for that spaghetti on the Avacraft cooking pot and meet us in our next post!
Do you agree with my choice? Feel free to leave a comment down below!